You’ve noticed a suspicious transaction posted to your account, or you’ve lost your debit card. Now what do you do?
We’re here to help! If you notice something suspicious it’s a good idea to contact us right away, but for after business hours questions:
- Call 1-800-472-3272 (24/7) to report a lost or stolen Money Place Debit Card. When you report your card, the card will be closed preventing any future access.
- If you have our Mobile App, you are able to set up alerts, transaction limits and even block your card to prevent future transactions. Simply log into your account through your mobile app and click on manage my cards.
- A text alert to customers warning of suspicious activity on their card will NEVER include a link to be clicked. Cardholders should never click on a link in a text message that is supposedly from the bank. A valid notification from the bank will provide information about the suspect transaction and ask the cardholder to reply to the text message with answers such as ‘yes’, ‘no’, ‘help’, or ‘stop,’ and will never include a link.
- A text alert from the bank will always be from a 5-digit number and NOT a 10-digit number resembling a phone number.
- A phone call from bank’s automated dialer will only include a request for a cardholder’s Zip code, and no other personal information, unless they confirm that a transaction is fraudulent. Only then will they be transferred to an agent who will ask questions to confirm their identity before going through their transactions.