A brief history of The Farmers Bank…
The history of the financial growth of The Farmers Bank reflects the leadership and dedication of the citizens of Portland who guided the institution through its formative years and laid the firm financial foundation upon which it operates today.
The first recorded meeting of stockholders was on January 29, 1912, and the bank celebrated 100 years of service in 2012.
Since the bank was formed, the banking industry has seen many changes. However, through the direction of management, employees, and stockholders, The Farmers Bank strives to continue good growth and provide our community with efficient “home-town” banking.
The Farmers Bank now has twelve locations throughout Northern Middle Tennessee, including: Portland, White House, Springfield, Millersville, Westmoreland, Ridgetop, and Cross Plains.